Do this at your own risk. This could potentially brick your device or void your warranty. The Yalu method is still a beta. Please follow the Reddit Jailbreak community thread on the status of the Yalu official release. This designed for developers to test working and nonworking features. This is a tethered jailbreak in the sense that after a reboot, you will have to run through the Yalu method again. Be sure to create a developer account with Apple so that you don’t have to run through the jailbreak again after a week. This method only works for 64 bit devices (iPhone 6 and greater) running iOS 10.2. Consider downgrading or upgrading to iOS 10.2 prior to installation.
Download the IPSW official Apple copy of iOS 10.2
Download Cydia Impactor
Back up your iPhone and save all things essential off of the phone.
Create a developer ID with iTunes
Have access to Windows or Mac machine.
- Plug in iPhone and start Cydia Impactor
- Drag and drop the Yalu102 IPA into the Cydia Impact Tool
- You will now be prompted to sign in with your iTunes ID. Use a developer ID so no jailbreak is needed after a week.
- Now enter your password and let the install run. Once install is complete, unplug the phone from the computer.
- The iPhone should now respring and open with Yalu installed as an app.
- Go to Settings>General>Device Management
- Click on the Developer app with your iTunes account name and click “Trust” and “Trust” again
- Now you can go back to your home screen and launch the Yalu102 app and click “GO”. This will install the jailbreak and will add Cydia to the home screen. Your phone will respring.
- If you don’t see Cydia, run the Yalu102 app again.
- Open Cydia and update all your definitions and you now have a jailbroken iOS 10.2 iPhone!
For more interesting reads, check out my most recent posts on other Apple products below!